My husband and I moved to Newtown Borough in 1993 where we raised our three children in the Council Rock schools & Newtown Quaker Meeting communities. Our family was enriched by our children’s participation in Newtown Baseball and Rock Softball, as well as equestrian sport throughout Bucks County. I have almost two decades of community involvement in Council Rock schools, Borough projects, and in Newtown Friends Meeting. Now I want to take a step forward to become a full-time and fully accessible community leader as Mayor of Newtown Borough. I believe in listening first, finding common ground, and leading with transparency and inclusion.
- Managed a $2 million Philadelphia human relations firm
- 10+ years as a partner/owner in a small business in Newtown Borough
- Successful fundraiser for local charity and foundations
- Founding member of the Newtown Borough Board of Recreation, 1998
- Founding Creator of the Peaceable Kingdom Park project
Newtown has a long history of working “Hand in Hand”, since 1772 according to the original Edward Hicks stencil. When I saw the photo of the stencil it struck me immediately as the perfect metaphor for coming together as a community. With our hands we can reach across to stay strong, reach up for help, reach down to assist. Together we can build community Hand in Hand with our neighbors. Grounded in this rich tradition, I offer you a fresh voice and new ideas.
When elected I pledge to:
- Work closely with our police department to continue to strengthen community policing practices
- Support existing local businesses and recruit new ones
- Work to promote Newtown and act as the Borough’s chief public relations advocate
- Represent the borough’s interests to nearby communities, keeping us informed and involved in issues that transend our boundaries.
To host a handful of neighbors for a conversation with me,
I’d love to meet and talk.
Email me at [email protected]